the 6 contradictions of being happier
1. Accept yourself, but expect more of yourself.
2. Keep an empty shelf, and keep a junk drawer.
3. Take yourself less seriously–and take yourself more seriously.
4. Use your time efficiently, yet make time to play, to wander, to read at whim, to fail.
5. Think about yourself so you can forget yourself.
6. The days are long, but the years are short.
Often, the search for happiness means understanding both sides of the contradiction.
paradoxes: there seems to be something about their strange mysterious richness and pithy epigram-ness that makes humans just looove to roll them off their tongues…we ‘analyze’ our lives, invent these wisdom-laden oxymorons, and slap them on our humble existences as witty explanations for everything.
Filed under: Uncategorized | Leave a Comment
Tags: contradiction, happiness, paradox